When choosing a chain, it could be difficult. With a lot of choices available out there, it could be hard to find out where to start, especially if you are usually selecting something like a precious gift. Here are a few things to Consider when Choosing the Best Chain For Pendant.
There happen to be a few simple and smart rules which can make the task comfortable. By breaking the procedure down into a few necessary steps, it will narrow the choice quickly, and immensely helpful.
Smart Guide in Choosing the Best Chain for Pendant
1. Size and Weight of the pendant intended on the chain.
One needs to balance the other. It stands to motive that a huge pendant requires a chain strong enough to hold it without risk of the chain breaking.
The clasp must also be suited to withstand the pressure placed upon it. A broader and heavier gauge of the chain will be able to carry more weight. Usually has a more sturdy clasp such as a lobster or trigger to cope with this.
On the flip side, light and small pendant will sit perfectly well on a very fine chain with very little weight to it. These smaller chains typically have a light-weight bolt ring clasp, which is entirely adequate for the job.
Visually speaking, you need to check that the pendant appears balanced and in proportion to the chain as well.
For example, a 2mm snake chain put on a 6mm round pendant. This would look entirely out of balance. Instead, you should preferably opt for something much finer, such as the 0.9mm Mini Snake chain, which would become more suitable.
2. The dimension of Bail or hole the chain needs to thread through.
The chain moves freely through the bail or hole by which is attached. This is a practical check that needs to do before buying a chain. Either physically try it out or search for details of the size of end c6`aps or jump rings within the description.
3. Length of the Chain
The question of chain length comes down to the preference of the particular wearer. However, there are usually some practical elements to consider too.
In most cases, bigger pendants can be worn on lengthy chains as well as very short ones providing, and they are strong enough. In contrast, lighter weight pendants tend to be more appropriate to shorter length chains. As they will just be lost on a more extended design and style, they happen to be liable to get caught in clothing and pulled, which could lead to breakages.
Choosing a chain as a gift can be particularly difficult and is easy to get wrong. It is good to consider both the age and the frame of the recipient. While it’s hard to generalize, slightly reduce the lengths of chain for younger people.
The extendable range is the perfect solution for this dilemma as it gives the customer two options in one chain.
The longest chain lengths (24” – 30”) usually carry bigger pendants and are a universal choice for both old and young. Droplet styles work particularly well, as do pieces with lots of movement such as tassels and charms. For longer chains, diamond cut chains are a popular choice.
4. Style of Chain
As all individuals with different style preferences, the style of the chain is perhaps the most difficult. Nevertheless, there are some key points to keep in mind mainly when choosing for others.
- The most popular styles of chains and famous for a reason are Curb, Belcher, Snake chains, and Trace. Most people like and recognize these styles, and they go with a wide range of pendant styles.
- The gauge of the most popular chains ranges from 0.9mm – 1.7mm. If you have an unusually large pendant to accommodate, pick something within this size range. For most lightweight pendants 0.9mm – 1mm is a good starting point
- A simple chain like a snake or curb is likely to complement a modern and contemporary pendant. It is better as it will provide a clean, unfussy silhouette. Traditional and more elaborate pendant designs might be better suited to a trace or belcher chain with a more noticeable link.
- Finally, select a style with a diamond cut or even hammered finish to add some extra sparkle if you want to elevate the chain. Choosing the Best Chain For Pendant.
P.S. Royi Sal Jewelry, as a decades-long leader in silver jewelry design and manufacturing, invites you to download our latest magazine here and profit from the exceptional or best-seller jewelry designs at affordable prices for 2019 you will find in the magazine. Click here to download it now.